Holidaysplease is a luxury, internet-based holiday company. Starting on capital of just £6,000 it has now grown from 2 people to over 100 and has sold over £100m of holidays with turnover just under £30M. Despite its size, the company still retains that fun, small company feel.
As testament to its success the company has picked up numerous awards including “Online Travel Agency of the Year” from thousands of travel agencies in the UK. Holidaysplease is also ranked in the top 3 travel companies for customer service with an average rating is 9.9 out of 10 (source: trust pilot).
Being an internet company, the company loves applying technology to the travel sector and using it to provide an experience to customers that is second to none. We love coming up with exciting new ideas and bringing them to life.
THE OPPORTUNITY – TECHNICAL MANAGER
Will include, but not limited to:
- Works with the Head of departments to conceive and develop the overall technology development schedule
- Manage the development schedule to the needs of the business and deliver to set timescales
- Identify, manage new technology developments
- Manage the team of developers, ensuring the team provides quick and efficient service
- Identify relevant technology awards
- Experience of website/internal systems development & maintenance
- Friendly, confident and approachable
- Ability to project manage and prioritise tasks
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Organised, with the ability to self-manage workload
- Ability to network and build strong relationships
- Experience of the travel or franchise industry would be an added advantage
Mix of home and office-based. Birmingham Head Office, Cox Street, Birmingham, B3 1RD
Close proximity to Snowhill train station, excellent public transport and road links
- Full time,
- We are offering an attractive salary of up to £35K experience dependant
- Company pension
- Commission free personal holidays
- Use of the company Spanish apartment
TO APPLY EMAIL YOUR CV TO firstname.lastname@example.org or apply below.